Position: Direct Support Worker (Adult Day Health and Personal Assistant)
Department: Community Support Services
Job Status: Part Time & Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Program Manager
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Must be available to work occasional evening
and weekends as the agency requires
Positions Supervised: None
The Direct Support Worker Adult Day Health (ADH) conducts group activity programs in both facility and community settings, and provides community-based support services to promote the optimal level of individual participation for clients with developmental disabilities.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
· Provide training and support to clients to meet the goals and needs identified in each client’s individual service plan; provide training and support in a group setting within The Arc of Hilo facility (considered “home” for ADH programs) or within the community
· Assist in the development of the assigned client’s individual service plan
· Provide monitoring of individual clients and evaluate the assigned client’s ability to meet the goals identified in their individual service plan
· Assist with maintaining HIPAA compliant confidential client files documenting items to include client training, services and results in a current and orderly fashion, as required by the agency
· Complete daily client documentation, verification sheets and timecards
· Provide protective supervision appropriate to each client while maintaining consideration of the client’s human rights
· Role model appropriate behavior at all times
· Maintain interactive behavior at all times; work to provide an engaging and interactive environment for clients
· Transport clients in multi-passenger van (6 passenger to 12 passenger) from their home to The Arc of Hilo, and transport from The Arc of Hilo to client’s home; transport clients to and from community activities
· Ensure the overall safety, hygiene, health and well-being of clients; enforce all safety procedures, good housekeeping habits and proper use of tools and equipment
· Attend required meetings and training sessions
· Maintain compliance with The Arc of Hilo Employee Handbook and Safety Handbook
· Perform other job related duties as assigned by the Supervisor, Manager, and/or Chief Executive Officer
SKILLS & ABILITIES
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Ability to read and write in complete sentences in English
Ability to use on-line data collection system
· Must be able to lift 50 lbs.; must be able to physically assist clients who may have fallen and/or in such tasks as transferring, moving, assisting and attending to the hygiene needs of clients
· Must have a valid Hawaii driver’s license and acceptable traffic abstract
· Must be able to obtain criminal record clearance; must give written permission for annual re-verification of no criminal conviction within the previous year
· Must be able to obtain and maintain Protective Services Central Registry clearances from Adult Protective Services (APS) Central Registry and Child Welfare Services (CWS) Central Registry
· Must obtain and maintain CPR and First Aid Certificates (agency expense)
· Must pass a pre-employment physical and drug screening (agency expense)
Must obtain TB clearance by the State of Hawaii; must maintain annual clearance.
Classroom/facility and community.
You must complete an application to be considered for an interview.